Thursday, January 12, 2012

Booking Through Thursday


btt button


1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?

At night right before bed when I'm just all happy because sleep is my favorite thing next to books and food.

2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)

Yes I do. Unless I'm playing on my computer for a few minutes before work.

3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)

Scrambled eggs with cheese on toasted wheat bread with ketchup..

4. How many hours a day would you say you read?

On days that I read, probably around 3-4, at most.

5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?

Less I think, because I work 2 jobs and when I was 13-14 I read all day in class.

6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?

Yes most definitely. I read faster than Mom and she's the fastest reader I've ever met.

7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

The ability to make time stand still.

8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?

Yes I do. Unless I clean out my bag and forget, or simply don't have time to run to my room and grab one.

9. What KIND of book?

Anything, but mostly Romance or Young Adult

10. How old were you when you got your first library card?

Somewhere 5 and 7 I was really really little but I still remember my number! It was right up there with my home phone number for things I had to memorize!

11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)

Oldest physical: Pollyanna, from the 15th printing like a year after it was published

Longest: I have no idea I have so many from when I was a kid that I just don't know.

Oldest copyright: Homer's The Odyssey

12. Do you read in bed?

Yes every night unless I'm so tired crash.

13. Do you write in your books?

Sometimes. Less than I used to but at times I just HAVE to!

14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?

I have three die hard rules that kind of go together:

Don't read something just because it's popular.

Don't force yourself to finish something you don't like.

Don't let anyone tell you what you can enjoy reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most of all have fun.'Gram