Thursday, June 18, 2015

A-zzz of Books



A. Author You’ve Read The Most Books From

I honestly don't know. It could be Mercedes Lackey, Nora Roberts, Diana Palmer or any of a number of other authors I really enjoy.


B. Best Sequel Ever

I think that has to be every book John Flanagan wrote following his incredible The Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan. Which includes 11 more books in that series culminating with The Royal Ranger about Will's first apprentice, his two best friends daughter... A princess. And the there's the companion series, The Brotherband Chronicles, Hal and Stig and their friends and The Heron, Skandia at it's best. Coming this fall there's Halt story, a prequel series I couldn't be more excited for.


C. Currently Reading

Honestly I finished Sherrilyn Kenyon's Styxx last night and I haven't started anything else yet.


D. Drink of Choice While Reading

Currently I drink mostly Lipton Peach Iced Tea, I've been quasi-dieting and trying to cut some of the more horrid choices I made out of my life. I only allow myself a few sodas a week. I've found that works best for me. Also instead of Dr Pepper I try to drink sodas I'm not as addicted to, usually Pepsi or Coke.


E. E-Reader or Physical Books

I never thought I would say this but I don't know how I lived without my Nook. That being said I do prefer an actual book in my hands but again I'm trying to cut down on how many I bring home with my kitties I just don't have enough space anymore.


F. Fictional Character You Would Have Dated In High School

I honestly didn't date in High School and still don't so..


G. Glad You Gave This Book A Chance

Eric Walters The Rule of Three, and so many other dystopic novels I never thought I'd enjoy.


H. Hidden Gem Book

Daddy-Long-Legs Jean Webster

The Rising of the Lark Ann Morey

Circus Sequins Elisabeth Hamilton-Friermood


I. Important Moments of Your Reading Life

I can still remember being curled up on the end of my mom's red-ish plaid couch listening to her read The Secret Garden and watching the story unfold before my eyes. I think that was when I fell in love with books.


J. Just Finished

Sherrilyn Kenyon's Styxx


K. Kinds of Books You Won’t Read

There isn't much I won't at least try but I will never even attempt Twilight or anything remotely related to it.


L. Longest Book You’ve Read

I have no idea. I've read a lot of books in 27 years. Some of them were insanely long.


M. Major Book Hangover Because Of

Pretty much anything I read at night.


N. Number of Bookcases You Own

4. Two small one medium one massive. And I still have boxes and boxes and stacks everywhere...


O. One Book That You Have Read Multiple Times

Um... I read almost everything more than once.


P. Preferred Place to Read

Any place quiet and peaceful. A good enough book however can make me completely forget where I am and create a mental peace and quiet that can't be beat.


Q. Quote From A Book That Inspires You/Gives You Feels

Not all stories are good not all endings are happy, may your story be both good and happy. Bruce Coville Into the Land of the Unicorns


R. Reading Regret

I attempted to read Twilight more than once.


S. Series You Started and Need to Finish

I can't wait to read the last book in The Rule of Three series as well as the new Princess Diaries book about Mia's wedding but I haven't found a copy of Royal Wedding yet. Will to Survive doesn't come out for months yet, but it will make an amazing Here Bee You're Nearly 28 Enjoy.


T. Three Of Your All-Time Favorite Books

Bones on Black Spruce Mountain David Budbill

The Brotherband Chronicles: The Outcasts John Flanagan

The Rising of the Lark Ann Morey


U. Unapologetic Fangirl For

Almost anything I read that's really good honestly.


W. Worst Bookish Habit

I leave my books where my cats can get them and sometimes I forget to bring a post-it or a book mark and then I dog-ear pages.


V. Very Excited For This Release More Than Any Other

The Tournament at Gorlan John Flanagan (October 6, 2015)


X. Marks The Spot (Start On Your Bookshelf And Count to the 27th Book)

The Farthest Sea Ursula K LeGuin


Y. Your Latest Book Purchase

I honestly don't remember, it was probably an e-book.


Z. ZZZ-Snatcher (last book that kept you up WAY late)

Sherilyn Kenyon's Styxx, I was up until 2 or so last night.

No comments: